2020年2月29日 星期六

Exchange in SUTD Week 3: School Courses

For exchange students, we have to choose a pillar or a cluster when we apply for the exchange program. Since my major in college is economics, there is no suitable pillar for me to choose from. Thus, I chose to be in the cluster HASS (Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences). 

Course Selection 


Most of the course-related issues can be done online. For exchange students, we need to select at least 2 subjects or at most 4 subjects. Before arriving Singapore, we should roughly decide our course selection. After the term starts, there will be an add/drop period when we can make our final decisions.

My Courses   


At first, I chose a total of 3 courses noted as below
  • 02.230 Health Communication and Behavior Change
  • 02.202 Organisational Processes
  • 02.226 Leaders and Followers
After attending the classes and searching the syllabuses, I finally decided to take 2 courses noted as below
  • 02.230 Health Communication and Behavior Change
  • 02.135 The Question of Technology
Both courses are under HASS. Health Communication aims at learning why people behave the way they do, especially about health issues. The Question of Technology focuses on questioning technology in view of philosophy. In sum, HASS courses emphasize on discussion in class and group projects. 

Due to my poor English, sometimes it's tough to totally understand what professors or other students said. I remembered that I faced the most difficult articles I've ever read in the class The Question of Technology. Nevertheless, I will still try my best to gain knowledge in SUTD.  


A glance of SUTD's classroom




沒有留言:

張貼留言